Is there a Warranty?
– Yes, a 25 year Warranty.
Can these restroom partitions be repaired?
The following methods can be used to repair if this happens.
Light surface scratch / scuff repair.
Needed Items: Paper Towels, Sealant (e.g., Bobrick Graffiti Remover or silicone sealant)
Clean off whitened edges of scratch by firmly scraping dry paper towel along (i.e. parallel to) scratch.
Moisten paper towel with Bobrick Graffiti Remover (Model #891099) or silicone sealant.
Liberally apply sealant to scratched area.
Allow sealant to set in scratch for one – two minutes.
Lightly wipe off excess sealant with dry paper towel.
Light to Moderate scratch repair. Filling in scratch with specialized crayon
Needed Items: Matching Color Crayon, Paper Towels, Acetone (or Bobrick Graffiti Remover)
1. Moisten dry paper towel with Bobrick Graffiti Remover (Model #891099).
2. Clean off whitened edges of scratch by wiping moistened paper towel along (i.e. parallel to) scratch.
3. Dry surface of material off with clean paper towel.
4. Select appropriate crayon: SCRC Color Matching Color Crayon
a. Golden Khaki Crayola™ Crayon – Gold
b. Desert Beige Crayola™ Crayon – Tumbleweed
c. Terra Cotta Crayola™ Crayon – Desert Sand
d. Forest Green Crayola™ Crayon – Shadow
5. Rub crayon across (i.e., perpendicular to) grain of scratch to completely fill in scratch.
6. Moisten paper towel with Bobrick Graffiti Remover (or acetone).
7. Clean off excess crayon around scratch by rubbing moistened paper towel lightly across grain of scratch.
Finishing Technique A
1. Clean sanded surface with Bobrick Graffiti Remover (#891099).
2. Seal sanded surface by applying two coats of silicone sealant.
3. Allow sealant to dry for 24 hours.
Finishing Technique B
1. Smooth out rough sanding marks with medium grit sandpaper (180-grit).
2. Blend whitened appearance of sanded area by wet-sanding with 2000-grit sandpaper.
CAN I POWERWASH SIERRA SERIES?
Remove any formed dirt and/or using a soft cloth.
Make sure the restroom partitions in shower or hose-down areas are in well ventilated areas to allow for extra humidity to dry.
Specialized graffiti removers can safely be used on anti-graffiti ( SCRC ) coatings.
Apply self-cleaning wax routinely will make the graffiti cleaning easier. These products are gentle and normally don’t need stripping.
NOTE: Don’t clean with harsh cleaners that have abrasives, acids, or alkalis, they’ll etch, discolor or damage the surface.
These kind of cleaners include:
Abrasive powder cleaners
Toilet bowl cleaners
Ceramic tile cleaners
Use a high quality concentrated D-limonene based solvent ( such as Bobrick Graffiti Remover ) applied with a soft cloth;
This works for issues from:
Enamel Spray Paints
Markers ( containing Xylene )
For tough stains apply cleaner using nylon scrub pad.
Caution: Many solvents are very flammable, keep away from sparks and open flames.
SCRC is resistant to scratches, however sharp objects can still cause damage. If this happens, you can sand the area or fill the scratch with a matching color crayon.
FOR BURN MARKS OR GOUGES
Use an electric sander with a coarse 80-grit sandpaper to sand the affected area. Re-sand the area using a medium 180-grit sandpaper. Then to blend the color into the surrounding area, wet-sand the area using a fine 2000-grit wet / dry sandpaper.
We’ve also create a blog post, specifically written to assist you in cleaning your toilet stalls the correct way so that no damage will be done to them through the cleaning process. View the section ” Sierra Series Restroom Partition Cleaning Instructions”.
Have some more questions about Sierra Series bathroom partitions? Visit our ” Frequently Asked Questions ” section.